Please post your comments by March 22!!!
Edwin Lombard Management, LLC - Public Relations  | Communications | Campaign Consulting
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Sacramento Black Chamber Press Release
Pesticide ban not good for our community & businesses
Monterey Shale Business Forum
Travel Terror Alert
Black Business News Op-Ed piece on Low Carbon Fuel Standard!

Archives

September 2013
August 2013
July 2013
June 2013
September 2012
August 2012
May 2012
April 2012
March 2012

powered by

My Blog

Please post your comments by March 22!!!

Bay Area Water Policy Proposes Product Bans as “Credit” Toward Trash Load Compliance Goals

The San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board is currently accepting public comments on a report by the Bay Area Storm water Management Agencies Association (BASMAA) concerning Baseline Trash Loads and Trash Load Reduction Tracking Methods.

These documents are intended to be a blueprint for how local jurisdictions will meet a required 40% reduction of “trash” that is found in creeks, roadsides and local waterways by 2014. Incredibly, BASMAA has suggested that “credits” for banning specific food service products be used to help meet the reduction goals.  If adopted, this proposal could have sweeping long-term ramifications for a host of manufacturing, retail businesses, local restaurants and food trucks.

In addition to credits for banning these products, the report further  proposes even greater credits be issued to jurisdictions that ban and/or adopt a mandatory fee for ALL single-use food and beverage products; OR adopt policies that require vendors to provide a discount for “Bring your Own” service ware (knives, forks, spoons) or charge a fee on those products.

Bans on arbitrarily specified products so localities can “claim” trash reduction credits -- without implementing demonstrated measurable trash reduction programs -- sets a dangerous precedent for any consumer product manufacturer, restaurant operator, or retailer doing business in California. Product bans can result in higher operating costs for businesses, which can mean higher costs for consumers and lost of jobs – all without any demonstrated impact on reducing overall trash in local creeks and waterways.

Edwin Lombard Management, LLC (ELM), is in the process of developing detailed comments and will be circulating a draft in the coming days. These comments are due March 20, 2012. ELM encourages you to file comments on behalf of your organization, opposing the “credits” proposed for product bans, so localities can “claim” trash reduction credits -- without implementing demonstrated measurable trash reduction programs. Please send all comments to dbowyer@waterboards.ca.gov with the words “Trash Plans” in the subject line.

If you have any questions, please contact Edwin Lombard at 916-524-8070 or via email at edwin@lombardmgmt.com .

Edwin A. Lombard III

14 Comments to Please post your comments by March 22!!!:

Comments RSS
creative bioscience green coffee bean on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 6:31 AM
All living and growing matter on this planet contains organic components. After the living matter dies, it decomposes. The organic matter from organisms and their excretions is broken down through an reactive process into natural organic matter. Thanks.

Credit for small business on Monday, February 04, 2013 10:30 PM
The information you have provided is exceptional. I was pointed such type of topic since long but lastly nowadays my search is over and special thanks to you. Your blog is not only instructive but useful too.

undergraduate dissertation examples on Tuesday, April 09, 2013 10:38 PM
Superb! I admiration all the helpful data you've civic in your articles. I'm looking forward for more helpful articles from you.

Lipozene Reviews on Thursday, June 13, 2013 11:22 PM
I believe that you recognize how to construct people pay attention to what you have to pronounce, particularly with a concern that’s so vital. I am pleased to suggest this blog.

Lipozene on Friday, June 14, 2013 7:45 AM
Online reading is not my thing. But after reading your blog I am really pleased. I don’t know about other blogs but this I will definitely keep coming back to.

Sensa on Monday, June 17, 2013 8:19 PM
I want to thank you for posting such an educational blog. And also will wait for your next post

Lipozene Review on Sunday, June 30, 2013 5:54 AM
I've looked information on this very subject and I'm happy that I've found it here

Sensa on Thursday, July 04, 2013 5:49 AM
A very informative site. The way you have share this information is really very appreciative. Hope to see more on this topic here. Thanks for posting this information here.

Slimquick on Wednesday, July 10, 2013 7:32 PM
Amazing article. I am so impressed. Could never think of such a thing is possible with it...I think you have a great knowledge especially while dealings with such subjects.

Lipozene on Saturday, July 20, 2013 1:01 PM
Always has really good posts and topics please keep it up! loads of blogs are going under lately from lack of new posts etc

Lipozene on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:55 AM
I’m very fired up to show it to anyone. It makes me so satisfied your vast understanding and wisdom have a new channel for trying into the world.

Lipozene on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:55 AM
I harmonize with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your approaching updates

Lipozene on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:51 AM

Lipozene on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:51 AM
I honestly think you would have fully sold me on the idea had you been able to back up your premis with a substantial bit more solid facts.